12.21.2007

INVICTUS

When I resigned from my previous job, I used this poem to say goodbye to my colleagues.

I'm moving again and I consider this great as I'll be able to get my family with me this time. The kids will surely be affected the most as they'll have to adjust to a new environment. Though it's not their first time to be in another country, it will be a whole new experience for them. We will be living there now, they will be studying there.

I'm almost always out of the country anyway--away from them. So, when this opportunity presented itself, I grabbed it.


I'm positive that it will not be that huge of an adjustment for us. I got friends who are already there, with their family. Their presence will reduce our anxiety of living in a new place; the transition will not be that painful, hopefully.

Wish us the best of luck, peeps!

Here's the poem:

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

2 comments:

anak, kapatid, at tatay ni isabelo said...

good luck Bro.

sa umpisa lang medyo mahirap lalo na kasama niyo mga bata... kailangan magka-iba kayo ng schedule sa work para may maghahatid at susundo sa mga bata sa school...

Anonymous said...

A very good decision brother!...