1.02.2008

Santa Claus didn't Drop-by

I went back to the Philippines for a 10 days holiday. Although it is my last month in the soon-to-be-ex job, I was still able to secure a vacation leave because of the scheduled company shutdown. No worries though as I was able to do a task-hand-over of all my projects. Nevertheless, I'm still kinda guilty of leaving my first project unfinished. I know I already did more than what was expected off me and I can say that my superiors acknowledges that, but I still feel burdened by the fact that I'm leaving it on it's crucial stage: the site works--start-up and commissioning. Arrgh, enuff of this EMO crap.

Anyway, I went back last December 24 via Jetstar. Yeah, it's a budget airlines. A budget Airlines that charged me SGD900+ for the flight!!! And, yeah I complain of these scheming airlines and yet I still patronize it, you say? Can't help it, it's Christmas, t'was the time we OFW's return home. But, they can! They can put a ceiling on their charging fees on the holiday seasons and not end up like extortionist SOBs!

The flight was boring as expected! I brought with me my Bourne Supremacy but I didn't have the energy to read it. I opened up my printed Sudokus, started answering it. Still, No Energy. I slept.

When we reached the Philippines, I went straight to the DFS as always for that pre-packed bag of chocolates. I asked for a bag of KitKat, none. So, I grabbed the usual alternative, second choice of my daughter, cadbury. My last salary and my AWS is on-hold, I got nothing to buy more. I actually just swipe-swipe(used my credit card), instead of the usual cash payment. Anyhoo, by the time the wifey finds this one out, the salary on-hold should have been released.

The queue in the Immigration as I expected was leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenthy. After clearing the immigration, I saw again those depressing carts. Yay! Welcome to a third World Country.

Outside, upon seeing that the there’s too many waiting for an airport cab, I asked an airport personnel for the nearest exit to get a taxi ride. He pointed me the way. As I was heading out it started to drizzle. I went back in, the airport guy gestured to me to head up, to the departure. I went up; the security guard looks at me with a grin, hehehe. So, I got a taxi, metered. The taxi driver asked me if I missed my flight, I answered yes.

My taxi ride: PHP 200. Plus, I was able to leave the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Belated Merry Christmas Everyone!
Happy Holidays to my free thinker friends!

No comments: