1.03.2008

Happy New Year

I'm not clearing punch list today, instead I'm doing the rounds of different departments for my clearance. Yay!

It's my last day. I will be flying to my 4th job on the 3rd week of this month. Kinda giddy as it's a whole new environment. Though I've worked in both JAP and AM company, I've never been out of Asia.

I'll treat this as a new experience, even though there's "Instrumentation and Control" written all over the new job and the fact that I've worked there before albeit on a different environment and on an entirely different timezone. Yes, I had wished to travel outside Asia. I'm supposed to feel outrageously excited, instead I'm giving a lot of justifications/excuses/craps/BSs with this new development in my life.

This will be my first time to be travelling outside Asia and it's not on project assignment. How should I really feel? I don't know. I'm not even that excited like I think I should, wifey is.

Should it be enough that I feel more contended this time, having this job?

Check the facts: it is still a supervisory level post, I'll be earning more, some friends, with their family, are already there--meaning we'll have a lot of support during the transition period, there's a relocation program which covers my family and not just me, and the best part is that what I've wanted for a half decade to be able to be with my Family---not just to spend quality time with them on my home leaves, quality + quantity, is granted.

The only thing negative is going back to the Philippines will be extremely expensive!

Now, we'll see to it the kids will have their own room. Now, wifey and I will be alone on our own room. Now, we will not have the usual help with the house chores in which we were accustomed since I can remember. Now, I'm going to know if wifey really cooks, she sucks when we're starting--I can still remember that adobo which tasted more like paksiw. Now, no relatives to ask help to. It's a different ballgame. I'm positive that we'll do good, we'll survive. Yet, I still feel weird.

Don't get me wrong. I do acknowledge that I'm lucky, I'm blessed. I just can't shake-off being apprehensive.

Aah, I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul. Don't I freaking forget those lines!

Bye Singapore! I'm going to miss you, terribly!

3 comments:

adrian said...

hayuf! nag lufet!!

'lam mo na ang drill dre...

ready lang ang resume ko!!! haha!!

Anonymous said...

all the best!....... wag makakalimot...

BOTE said...

@aids: aalis ka pa diyan eh over the limit ka kapag nagre-remit sa metrobank? hehehe
oo bah, kapag me opportunity.

@roxas: thanks!
naman...